As of Monday 22nd September we are officially in Autumn until Sunday 21st December.
I LOVE Autumn!
Its my favourite season by far- but why, you might ask? Darker nights, colder weather, heating bills on the rise- whats to like?
Here’s 35 reasons why we should all celebrate the return of Autumn…
1. Everything gets prettier! Autumn is always a wash with the most beautiful colours! Reds, golds, browns, yellows, greens- its visually such a stunning season.
2. Hot chocolate– Ohhh how I’ve missed you! There’s something wonderfully comforting about curling up with a steaming mug of hot chocolate!
And speaking of curling up…
3. Date nights– nights in with a takeaway and a snuggle under a blanket 😉
4. Wooly hats– on adults and children alike, I love a snuggly hat! From berets to beanies, Autumn is the start of hat season 🙂
5. Golden mornings– again, everything gets that bit prettier in Autumn. The sight of the sun streaming through the golden-leaved trees is just simply stunning!
And its not just the sight…
6. The smell– As well as the sight of Autumn there’s nothing quite like the smell of fallen leaves on a crisp misty morning. Earthy, grounded, natural, damp and oddly sweet- wonderful.
7. Halloween– whats not to love? Fancy dress, pumpkin cravings and lots of chocolate!
8. Layers– yes, god, thank you! Finally I can cover my lumps and bumps without sweating my tits off!
9. Conkers– it doesn’t matter how old you get those little buggers just conjure up all sorts of lovely conker-collecting childhood memories!
And conkers aren’t the only thing getting us nostalgic!
10. Fallen leaves– childhood memories of running through the fallen leaves and hearing the crunch under your feet anyone? The roads all gleaming from the rain and sodden multicoloured leaves stuck to the paths ❤
11. Hearty soups– yummers! Low fat and warming on a cold day, I love soups!
12. Autumn fashion colours– Blacks, plums, reds, browns- autumn fashion colours just so happen to be my favourite, as well as having the added bonus of being slimming!
13. The heating goes on– so the bills goes up which sucks, but, is there anything quite like the feeling of coming in from the freezing cold to the comfort of your warm, cozy home and the sensation of your limbs thawing out one by one!
Speaking of keeping warm…
14. Tights– bin the fake tan and cover up those pins, the bare leg look is no more! Patterned, coloured or plain old black- tights rule!
15. The atmosphere gets a little bit… Special 🙂
16. Firework night– pretty fireworks, roaring bonfires, gloves and sparklers- yes please!
17. Fresh, crispy, misty mornings! Theres something about stepping out onto slightly frozen dewy grass whilst being surrounded by a subtle mist that makes you feel so grounded and at one with nature.
18. Sleeping better– who doesn’t sleep better on a cold night when you can snuggle under the duvet rather than sweating on top of it?
19. Darker nights– I’ve always found something so magical about dark nights and twinkly lights!
20. Boots– boots!! Where have you been my loyal loving, foot caressing, comforting comfortable, go-with-practically-everything, wonderful wonderful boots?!
21. The extra hour you get when the clocks go back!
22. TV Programs– Downton, Scott & Bailey, Luther… Autumn brings with it the BEST dramas!
And, of course, to enjoy tele on a cold night its essential to have a…
23. Hot water bottle– snuggle, snuggle, snuggle!! ❤
24. Scarfs– layering, colour blasts, warm snuggly necks. Scarfs! 🙂
25. Flavoured coffees & hot chocolates– cinnamon lattes and hazelnut hot chocolates- perfection!
26. Stews & casseroles– ultimate comfort food!
And in true comfort style, its time to dig out your…
27. Onesie– nuff said! Theres a reason baby’s love ’em!
28. Dark nail varnish– you cant help but feel sophisticated 🙂
29. Open fires– crackling merrily away in the hearth, the rich smell of burning wood whilst sipping on a mulled wine and getting stuck into a good book- heaven…
Which leads me too…
30. Mulled wine. Simply Superb!
31. Finally being able to cuddle your husband in bed without getting a full blown sweat on!
32. Ugg boots– forever in my heart, always in my wardrobe ❤
33. Christmas present shopping– I love it! 🙂
Which brings us too…
34. Wrapping paper– yes im that girl. I spend at least 10 minutes wrapping each gift and every gift has matching paper, ribbon, bow and tag.
35. The impending knowledge that CHRISTMAS is just round the corner 😀
(And from a personal point of view)
Autumn is the season I found out I was pregnant with this little beaut 🙂
Autumn- I’m SO glad to see you again 🙂