Looking for an easy way to get the kids to eat kale? This one could be for you!
Serves 16 large (adult sized) or 32 small (children’s sized)
400g self raising flour
200g curly kale finely chopped
160g grated carrot
3 bananas chopped
6 small/medium eggs
250g unsalted butter
250g soft light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175c.
2. Line a muffin tin with cases.
3. Peel and grate the carrots and put to one side.
4. Cut all stems out of the kale, soften over a low heat for a few minutes. If needed, squeeze out any excess juice and then finely chop the kale until it’s the same consistency as chopped parsley, put to one side.
5. Cream together the butter and sugar.
6. Slowly add in the flour and eggs, one egg at a time then some flour and continue until all the flour and eggs are whisked in.
7. Peel and chop the bananas into small cubes (1cm) or mash if preferred and add to the mixture.
8. Add the carrot and kale and stir until evenly distributed.
9. Spoon out into cases and cook for 20 minutes until a stick comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool and enjoy!
*Will freeze for 3 months*
Perfect for a healthy lunch box sized treat!